I was so excited went I checked my comments last night and found out that Helen from A Crafty Kind of Truffle had awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award!!! Thank you Helen!! I am so new at this and I can’t tell you how this has pumped me up!! Please make sure you all check out her blog its fabulous and has some really excellent paper crafting ideas!!
This award also has a great pay it forward aspect to it which I love, here are the instructions I got:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award
2. Share 7 things about yourself
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award!
Okay so I thanked Helen, check! Now 7 things about myself, hmmmmm okay here goes-
1. I watch too much T.V., I really do watch alot, definitely more than most. It’s my hobby, well other than crocheting and making bento lunches! Although I can crochet and watch T.V. at them same time so I guess I can multitask while turning my brain to mush, OK I don’t feel quite so guilty now!
2. I love hanging out with my kids and my husband. They’re alot of fun! Cooler than most people I know!
3. I love to cook and try new things! Right now I seem to be on a Asian food kick, but that is probably due to my increasing bento obsession, looking for unique ingredients has become an quest of mine .
4. I’m a lunch monitor at The Youngest’s elementary school, don’t tell anybody, but most days I have fun doing it! Even though I must hear a thousand times a day, “I don’t know how you can do this!” I keep going in to work everyday!
5. I grew up in “The Hamptons” but I’m not filthy rich. In the winter time when all the city folk go back to where they run their rat race, it is a quiet, charming and beautiful place to live.
6. I live about 8 miles from my childhood home and my parents and so does my husband, and other than the states on I-95 that we have to drive through to get to Disney World in Florida, the only other states we’ve visited are Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Tennessee. Some day when we hit The Lottery we’d like to buy a mobile home and travel cross country!
7. I love music, all kinds and when I’m home alone I have an Itunes playlist of all songs that I know the words to and belt them all out very loudly.
Now on to the recently discovered bloggers:
Since I’m new at this I’m going to start with the great folks that inspired me to start my blog and my love for bento
1. Adventures in Bentomaking
2. Another Lunch
3. hapa bento
4. What’s for Lunch at Our House
5. Just Bento
All of the above blogs are regular reads for me and their blogs are gorgeous with great graphics and pictures that make you so hungry!!
Now on to my non-bento selections!
7. Not 27 Yet
9. Obviously MARvelous
10. Not so Homemade
11. Just Kidding Around Atlanta
12. Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
13. Becks and the City
Ok so I haven’t quite made it to 15, but I will I promise! Anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks again for the award Helen, I really appreciate it and hope to live up to it in the future! Have a great day everyone!